We have represented numerous officials, including CFOs of publicly traded companies, in investigations by federal and state agencies concerning accounting and tax issues. These investigations can proceed under numerous legal theories, including mail or wire fraud, securities fraud or tax offenses.
Our clients have included:
- The CFO of a Fortune 500 corporation in an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission into alleged improper accounting of related party transactions.
- A partner in a Big Four accounting firm in an investigation by the Department of Justice and Internal Revenue Service into alleged fraudulent tax shelters.
- Numerous employees of a leading provider of fiber-optic lines for businesses in an investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission into alleged improper financial reporting.
- Underwriters and insurance industry executives in state and federal investigations into accounting irregularities in the insurance industry.
- An executive of Enron in an investigation brought by the Enron Task Force.