We have represented individuals and corporations in a range of investigations concerning alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”), political corruption, and bribery. The FCPA cases often involve international companies and clients and implicate questions about the extra-territorial application of United States law.
Our clients have included:
- A senior executive of a multinational corporation under investigation by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission for potential FCPA violations.
- An international businessman in an investigation by a United States Attorney’s Office concerning alleged FCPA violations.
- A major real estate developer in a Department of Justice investigation concerning allegations of political corruption and mortgage fraud.
- A federal official charged by a United States Attorney’s Office with accepting bribes.
- A senior executive of a global electronics and engineering corporation in an investigation by a United States Attorney’s Office concerning allegations of fraud and obstruction of justice in connection with bidding on a hospital’s contracts for nuclear medicine imaging equipment.
- A political fund raiser charged with conspiracy to bribe state officials, obstructing justice, causing false federal campaign filings and the making of false statements.