We have represented individuals and corporations in federal, state and local investigations concerning an array of industries. Familiarity and experience with a variety of industries, combined with technical expertise, allow us to rapidly understand our clients’ businesses and counsel them as to the most effective courses of action.
Mr. De Feis and Mr. Patterson also write a regular column in the New York Law Journal on international criminal law and enforcement. In the column, we describe enforcement developments and trends in a variety of domestic and international industries. Topics have included virtual currency, cyber crime, and manipulation of financial benchmarks, among others.
Our clients have included:
- Doctors and pharmaceutical company executives in investigations by the Department of Justice concerning drug mislabeling, off-label promotions, billing irregularities, and drug diversion.
- Pharmaceutical wholesalers in Department of Justice inquiries into false pedigrees.
- Contractors, subcontractors and their employees in investigations concerning prevailing wage laws, minority and women-owned businesses requirements, and debarment from government contracting.
- Individuals in investigations concerning online poker and online payment processing.
- An elected official and corporations in investigations concerning environmental regulations.
- An official with the Staten Island Ferry in a multi-agency investigation concerning the crash of the Andrew J. Barberi.