- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 2008
Magna cum laude; Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender, Editor-in-Chief
- Boston University, B.A., 2001
Summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- The Honorable Frank Maas, Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2008-09
- De Feis O’Connell & Rose, P.C., 2010 - Present
- New York
- Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Vera Kachnowski represents individuals in white collar criminal and regulatory enforcement actions, internal investigations, and civil litigation, with a focus on the financial services industry. Her experience includes representation of senior executives and employees of Fortune Global 500 companies, financial services institutions, and prominent multinational banks in connection with SEC, DOJ, and CFTC investigations and proceedings. She has also represented clients in complex civil litigation, as well as in internal bank investigations of matters such as BSA/AML compliance and alleged foreign currency exchange manipulation.
Ms. Kachnowski is a member of the NYC Bar Association’s Committee on Foreign and Comparative Law’s Working Group on Global Regulation of Financial Markets. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Kachnowski served as a law clerk to the Honorable Frank Maas in the Southern District of New York.